Early 20th C Hopi Woven Belt
The belt is a beautiful example of a traditional Hopi woven belt. It is every tightly woven with a broad red center panel with a repeated intricate center design panel in black featuring elongated triangles. The red panel is bordered by a band of green with an outer black band and the belt ends with long warp fringes on each end. The belt was collected by Phillip and Nannie Sayles who worked for the Bureau of Indian Affairs at the Indian School at Keams Canyon as a "disciplinarian" and teacher respectively from December 1905 to October 1906.
L. 112" : W. 4"